All the Men of the Bible - Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Amariah [Ămarī'ah]—jehovah hath said or promised.
- A son of Meraioth, a priest descended from Phinehas (1 Chron. 6:7, 52).
- The son of Azariah, a high priest in Solomon’s time (1 Chron. 6:11).
- A descendant of Kohath, son of Levi (1 Chron. 23:19; 24:23).
- Chief priest of Jehoshaphat’s time (2 Chron. 19:11).
- A Levite appointed by Hezekiah to distribute tithes and offerings (2 Chron. 31:15).
- A man of the family of Bani who married a foreign wife (Ezra 10:42).
- A priest who signed the covenant (Neh. 10:3; 12:2, 13).
- A descendant of Judah by Perez (Neh. 11:4).
- An ancestor of Zephaniah the prophet in Josiah’s time (Zeph. 1:1).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!