All the Men of the Bible - Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Jozabad, Josabad [Jŏz'abăd, Jŏs'a băd]—jehovah hath bestowed or endowed.
- A Gederathite of Judah who joined David at Ziklag (1 Chron. 12:4). Also called Josabad.
- A man of Manasseh who did the same (1 Chron. 12:20).
- Another Manassite who did the same (1 Chron. 12:20).
- A Levite, and one of the overseers of tithes in Hezekiah’s reign (2 Chron. 31:13).
- A Levite chief in Josiah’s reign (2 Chron. 35:9).
- A son of Jeshua, employed in weighing the sanctuary vessels brought from Babylon (Ezra 8:33).
- A priest who had married a foreign wife (Ezra 10:22).
- A Levite who had also married a foreign wife (Ezra 10:23).
- A Levite interpreter of the Law read by Ezra (Neh. 8:7).
- A chief Levite in Jerusalem after the exile (Neh. 11:16).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!