The launch of the SBL Greek New Testament on Bible Gateway has us thinking about the benefit of having access to the Bible in its original languages. It’s obviously important for pastors and scholars who are involved in Bible translation, but what about for the average Joe in the pews?
We could come up with reasons on our own, but we thought it’d be more fun to hear from all of you. If you’re lucky enough to be able to read the New Testament in Greek we’d like you to answer the following question: What’s the number one benefit of reading the New Testament in the original Greek?
- SBL Greek New Testament now available on Bible Gateway
- Read the New Testament (or the whole Bible) in 2011 with our Bible reading plans
- King James Version Old Testament Audio
- Why “Christ” instead of “messiah”? And other translation questions
- Lent reading plan comes to a close
Posted by Chris