Passage lookup results
- Book of Wisdom
Keyword search results
- Genesis 3:6
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
- Exodus 28:3
Tell all the skilled workers to whom I have given wisdom in such matters that they are to make garments for Aaron, for his consecration, so he may serve me as priest.
- Exodus 31:3
and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—
- Exodus 35:31
and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—
- Deuteronomy 4:6
Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, “Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.”
- Deuteronomy 34:9
Now Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the Israelites listened to him and did what the Lord had commanded Moses.
- 2 Samuel 14:20
Your servant Joab did this to change the present situation. My lord has wisdom like that of an angel of God—he knows everything that happens in the land.”
- 1 Kings 2:6
Deal with him according to your wisdom, but do not let his gray head go down to the grave in peace.
- 1 Kings 2:9
But now, do not consider him innocent. You are a man of wisdom; you will know what to do to him. Bring his gray head down to the grave in blood.”
- 1 Kings 3:1
[ Solomon Asks for Wisdom ] Solomon made an alliance with Pharaoh king of Egypt and married his daughter. He brought her to the City of David until he finished building his palace and the temple of the Lord, and the wall around Jerusalem.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 45 Results
If any of you lacks wisdom
, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
- ABIGAIL » Nabal's wife » Her wisdom and tact, and marriage to David (1 Samuel 25;27:3; 2 Samuel 2:2)
- AGRICULTURE » Requires wisdom (Isaiah 28:26)
- AMUSEMENTS AND WORLDLY PLEASURES » Wisdom of abstaining from (Ecclesiastes 7:2,3)
- DANIEL » A Jewish captive, also called BELTESHAZZAR » Wisdom of (Daniel 1:17; Ezekiel 28:3)
- DREAM » INSTANCES OF » Of Solomon, concerning his choice of wisdom (1 Kings 3:3-15)
- EGYPTIANS » Wisdom of (1 Kings 4:30)
- FOREKNOWLEDGE OF GOD » See GOD, WISDOM OF
- GIFTS FROM GOD » SPIRITUAL » Wisdom (Proverbs 2:6; James 1:5)
- GIFTS FROM GOD » TEMPORAL » Wisdom (2 Chronicles 1:12)
- GOD » WISDOM OF (Ezra 7:25; Job 9:4;12:13,16; Psalms 104:24;136:5;)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.