Keyword search results
- Genesis 2:2
On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work.
- Genesis 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation.
- Genesis 8:4
exactly five months from the time the flood began, the boat came to rest on the mountains of Ararat.
- Genesis 14:10
As it happened, the valley of the Dead Sea was filled with tar pits. And as the army of the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, some fell into the tar pits, while the rest escaped into the mountains.
- Genesis 18:4
Rest in the shade of this tree while water is brought to wash your feet.
- Genesis 26:18
He reopened the wells his father had dug, which the Philistines had filled in after Abraham’s death. Isaac also restored the names Abraham had given them.
- Genesis 28:11
At sundown he arrived at a good place to set up camp and stopped there for the night. Jacob found a stone to rest his head against and lay down to sleep.
- Genesis 28:18
The next morning Jacob got up very early. He took the stone he had rested his head against, and he set it upright as a memorial pillar. Then he poured olive oil over it.
- Genesis 30:36
who took them a three-days’ journey from where Jacob was. Meanwhile, Jacob stayed and cared for the rest of Laban’s flock.
- Genesis 34:27
Meanwhile, the rest of Jacob’s sons arrived. Finding the men slaughtered, they plundered the town because their sister had been defiled there.
More results from New Living Translation
Topical index results 92 Results
- ARARAT » The ark of Noah came to rest in the mountains of (Genesis 8:4)
- ASS (DONKEY) » DOMESTICATED » Rest on the Sabbath (Exodus 23:12)
- BULLOCK » Laws concerning » Rest for (Exodus 23:12)
- HEAVEN » THE FUTURE DWELLING PLACE OF THE RIGHTEOUS » A REST (Hebrews 4:9; Revelation 14:13)
- HOLIDAY » (For rest)
- LAND » To rest every seventh year for the benefit of the poor people (Exodus 23:11)
- REST » The annual feasts, added rest days (Leviticus 23:7,8,21,25,28,30,31,35,36; Numbers 28:18,25,26;)
- SABBATH » Signifying a period of rest (Genesis 2:2,3; Leviticus 23;;26:34,35)
- SABBATIC YEAR » (A rest that reoccurs every seventh year)
- SANITATION » REST COMMANDED (Exodus 20:9-11;31:13-17;34:21,22;35:2; Leviticus 23:3-8,2)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.