[ The Parable of the Sower ] That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. ...
Keyword search results
- Proverbs 1:6
for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.
- Ezekiel 20:49
Then I said, “Sovereign Lord, they are saying of me, ‘Isn’t he just telling parables?’”
- Hosea 12:10
I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them.”
- Matthew 13:3
Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.
- Matthew 13:10
The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”
- Matthew 13:13
This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
- Matthew 13:31
[ The Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast ] He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field.
- Matthew 13:34
Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.
- Matthew 13:35
So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”
- Matthew 13:44
[ The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl ] “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 27 Results
- EZEKIEL » Other parables (Ezekiel 15;;;)
- FIGURE » See PARABLES
- GRAPE » FIGURATIVE » PARABLES OF THE VINE (Psalms 80:8-14; Ezekiel 17:6-10;19:10-14; John 15:1-5)
- INSTRUCTION » See PARABLES
- INSTRUCTION » See PARABLES
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Enunciates the parables of the lost sheep, of the lost piece of silver, of the prodigal son, and of the unjust steward (in Peraea) (Luke 15:1-32;16:1-13)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Enunciates the parables of the unjust judge, and the Pharisee and publican praying in the temple (in Peraea) (Luke 18:1-14)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Enunciates the parables of the ten virgins and of the talents (Matthew 25:1-30)
- MALFEASANCE IN OFFICE » INSTANCES OF » The leasees of the vineyard, in one of the parables of Jesus (Mark 12:1-8; Luke 20:9-15)
- MALFEASANCE IN OFFICE » INSTANCES OF » The steward mentioned in one of the parables of Jesus (Luke 16:1-7)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.