Passage lookup results
- Book of 1 John
- Book of 2 John
- Book of 3 John
- Book of John
Keyword search results
- Matthew 3:1
[ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea
- Matthew 3:4
John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey.
- Matthew 3:13
[ The Baptism of Jesus ] Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.
- Matthew 3:14
But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”
- Matthew 3:15
Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.
- Matthew 4:12
[ Jesus Begins to Preach ] When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee.
- Matthew 4:21
Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them,
- Matthew 9:14
[ Jesus Questioned About Fasting ] Then John’s disciples came and asked him, “How is it that we and the Pharisees fast often, but your disciples do not fast?”
- Matthew 10:2
These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John;
- Matthew 11:1
[ Jesus and John the Baptist ] After Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he went on from there to teach and preach in the towns of Galilee.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 126 Results
- ABSTEMIOUSNESS » INSTANCES OF » John the Baptist (Matthew 11:19)
- ABSTINENCE, TOTAL » INSTANCES OF » John the Baptist (Matthew 11:18; Luke 1:15;7:33)
- ALEXANDER » A relative of the high priest, present at the defense of Peter and John (Acts 4:6)
- ALTAR » OF INCENSE » Seen in John's vision (Revelation 8:3;9:13)
- ANDREW » A disciple of John ( John 1:40)
- A CELESTIAL SPIRIT » FUNCTIONS OF » Announces the birth of John the Baptist (Luke 1:11-20)
- ANGEL (a spirit) » APPEARANCES OF » To Peter and John, while in prison (Acts 5:19)
- ANGEL (a spirit) » APPEARANCES OF » To John, on the island of Patmos (Revelation 1:1;5:2;7:11;10:9;11:1;17:7;19:10;22:8)
- ARK » IN THE TABERNACLE. Called THE ARK » In John's vision (Revelation 11:19)
- ASCETICISM » INSTANCES OF THE PRACTICE OF » John the Baptist (Matthew 11:18; Luke 7:33)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.