Keyword search results
- Deuteronomy 32:22
For a fire will be kindled by my wrath, one that burns down to the realm of the dead below. It will devour the earth and its harvests and set afire the foundations of the mountains.
- Joshua 6:26
At that time Joshua pronounced this solemn oath: “Cursed before the Lord is the one who undertakes to rebuild this city, Jericho: “At the cost of his firstborn son he will lay its foundations; at the cost of his youngest he will set up its gates.”
- 1 Samuel 2:8
He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor. “For the foundations of the earth are the Lord’s; on them he has set the world.
- 2 Samuel 22:8
The earth trembled and quaked, the foundations of the heavens shook; they trembled because he was angry.
- 2 Samuel 22:16
The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at the rebuke of the Lord, at the blast of breath from his nostrils.
- 1 Kings 5:17
At the king’s command they removed from the quarry large blocks of high-grade stone to provide a foundation of dressed stone for the temple.
- 1 Kings 6:37
The foundation of the temple of the Lord was laid in the fourth year, in the month of Ziv.
- 1 Kings 7:9
All these structures, from the outside to the great courtyard and from foundation to eaves, were made of blocks of high-grade stone cut to size and smoothed on their inner and outer faces.
- 1 Kings 7:10
The foundations were laid with large stones of good quality, some measuring ten cubits and some eight.
- 1 Kings 16:34
In Ahab’s time, Hiel of Bethel rebuilt Jericho. He laid its foundations at the cost of his firstborn son Abiram, and he set up its gates at the cost of his youngest son Segub, in accordance with the word of the Lord spoken by Joshua son of Nun.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 17 Results
[ The Wise and Foolish Builders
] “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
- BERYL » John saw, in the foundation of the new Jerusalem (Revelation 21:20)
- CYMBAL » Used on special occasions » Laying of the foundation of the second temple (Ezra 3:10,11)
- EMERALD » SYMBOLICAL » In the foundation of the holy city (Revelation 21:19)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » NAMES, APPELLATIONS, AND TITLES OF » Foundation (Isaiah 28:16)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » NAMES, APPELLATIONS, AND TITLES OF » Sure Foundation (Isaiah 28:16)
- JOY » INSTANCES OF » When the foundation of the second temple was laid (Ezra 3:11-13)
- PORTERS » One-third were porters of the gate of the foundation (2 Chronicles 23:5)
- SAPPHIRE » Seen in the foundation of the New Jerusalem in John's apocalyptic vision (Revelation 21:19)
- SARDIUS » Seen in John's apocalyptic vision of the foundation of the New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:20)
- SARDONYX » FIGURATIVE » In the foundation of the heavenly city called the New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:20)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.