Keyword search results
- Genesis 37:1
[ Joseph’s Dreams ] Jacob lived in the land where his father had stayed, the land of Canaan.
- Genesis 37:20
“Come now, let’s kill him and throw him into one of these cisterns and say that a ferocious animal devoured him. Then we’ll see what comes of his dreams.”
- Genesis 40:8
“We both had dreams,” they answered, “but there is no one to interpret them.” Then Joseph said to them, “Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams.”
- Genesis 41:1
[ Pharaoh’s Dreams ] When two full years had passed, Pharaoh had a dream: He was standing by the Nile,
- Genesis 41:8
In the morning his mind was troubled, so he sent for all the magicians and wise men of Egypt. Pharaoh told them his dreams, but no one could interpret them for him.
- Genesis 41:12
Now a young Hebrew was there with us, a servant of the captain of the guard. We told him our dreams, and he interpreted them for us, giving each man the interpretation of his dream.
- Genesis 41:25
Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, “The dreams of Pharaoh are one and the same. God has revealed to Pharaoh what he is about to do.
- Genesis 42:9
Then he remembered his dreams about them and said to them, “You are spies! You have come to see where our land is unprotected.”
- Numbers 12:6
he said, “Listen to my words: “When there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, reveal myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams.
- Deuteronomy 13:1
[ Worshiping Other Gods ] If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder,
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 9 Results
[ The Cupbearer and the Baker
] Some time later, the cupbearer and the baker of the king of Egypt offended their master, the king of Egypt. Pharaoh was angry with his two officials, the chief cupbearer and the chief baker, and put them in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, in the same prison where Joseph was confined. ...
- INTERPRETATION » Of dreams
- COMMUNION » INSTANCES OF » Isaac, in dreams (Genesis 28:13,15;31:3;35:1,7;46:2-4)
- DREAM » INSTANCES OF » The dreams of the butler and baker (Genesis 40:8-23)
- FAMINE » Pharaoh forewarned of, in dreams (Genesis 41)
- GOD » INSTANCES OF » Warning Joseph in dreams (Matthew 1:20;2:13,19,20)
- INTERPRETATION » Of dreams » See DREAMS
- INTERPRETER » Of dreams (Genesis 40:8;41:16; Daniel 2:18-30)
- JOSEPH » Son of Jacob » His prophetic dreams of his fortunes in Egypt (Genesis 37:5-11)
- MAGICIAN » Failed to interpret Pharaoh's dreams (Genesis 41:8,24)
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.