Keyword search results
- Joshua 9:1
[ The Gibeonite Deception ] Now when all the kings west of the Jordan heard about these things—the kings in the hill country, in the western foothills, and along the entire coast of the Mediterranean Sea as far as Lebanon (the kings of the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites)—
- Psalm 12:2
Everyone lies to their neighbor; they flatter with their lips but harbor deception in their hearts.
- Proverbs 14:8
The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception.
- Proverbs 26:26
Their malice may be concealed by deception, but their wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.
- Jeremiah 3:23
Surely the idolatrous commotion on the hills and mountains is a deception; surely in the Lord our God is the salvation of Israel.
- Jeremiah 9:6
You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me,” declares the Lord.
- Hosea 10:13
But you have planted wickedness, you have reaped evil, you have eaten the fruit of deception. Because you have depended on your own strength and on your many warriors,
- Matthew 27:64
So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. Otherwise, his disciples may come and steal the body and tell the people that he has been raised from the dead. This last deception will be worse than the first.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:2
Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.
- Titus 1:10
[ Rebuking Those Who Fail to Do Good ] For there are many rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception, especially those of the circumcision group.
Topical index results 12 Results
- DECEIT » See DECEPTION
- DIPLOMACY » INSTANCES OF » The Gibeonites, in securing a treaty with the Israelites through deception (Joshua 9:3-16)
- DISSEMBLING » INSTANCES OF » See DECEPTION
- FALSEHOOD » See DECEPTION
- FALSEHOOD » INSTANCES OF » Joseph, in the deception he carried on with his brothers (Genesis 42;;)
- FALSEHOOD » INSTANCES OF » The Gibeonites, ambassadors, in the deception they perpetrated upon Joshua and the elders of Israel in leading them to believe that they came from a distant region, when in fact they lived in the immediate vicinity (Joshua 9)
- HYPOCRISY » See DECEPTION
- INCONSISTENCY » See DECEPTION
- LIARS » See DECEPTION
- SECURITY » FALSE » See SELF-DECEPTION
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.