Keyword search results
- Genesis 19:1
[ Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed ] The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground.
- Genesis 19:15
With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”
- Genesis 28:12
He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
- Genesis 32:1
[ Jacob Prepares to Meet Esau ] Jacob also went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
- Job 1:6
One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them.
- Job 2:1
On another day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them to present himself before him.
- Job 4:18
If God places no trust in his servants, if he charges his angels with error,
- Job 38:7
while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
- Psalm 8:5
You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.
- Psalm 78:25
Human beings ate the bread of angels; he sent them all the food they could eat.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 34 Results
- ABRAHAM » Angels appear to (Genesis 18:1-16;22:11,15;24:7)
- ANGEL (a spirit) » A CELESTIAL SPIRIT » Men called angels (2 Samuel 19:27)
- CURIOSITY » INSTANCES OF » Of angels, to look into the mysteries of salvation (2 Peter 1:12)
- DERISION » INSTANCES OF » Sarah, when the angels gave her the promise of a child (Genesis 18:12)
- DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD » INSTANCES OF » Of Lot, in refusing to go to the mountain, as commanded by the angels (Genesis 19:19,20)
- EL-BETH-EL » Name of the altar erected by Jacob where he had the vision of angels (Genesis 35:7)
- ELECTION » OF GRACE » Of good angels (1 Timothy 5:21)
- FALSEHOOD » INSTANCES OF » To the angels, denying her derisive laugh of unbelief (Genesis 18:15)
- GLORIFYING GOD » EXEMPLIFIED » The angels (Luke 2:14)
- HOSPITALITY » INSTANCES OF » Abraham to the angels (Genesis 18:1-8)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.