[ Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed ] The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.” “No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.” But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. ...
Keyword search results
- Genesis 10:19
and the borders of Canaan reached from Sidon toward Gerar as far as Gaza, and then toward Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboyim, as far as Lasha.
- Genesis 13:10
Lot looked around and saw that the whole plain of the Jordan toward Zoar was well watered, like the garden of the Lord, like the land of Egypt. (This was before the Lord destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.)
- Genesis 14:2
these kings went to war against Bera king of Sodom, Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, Shemeber king of Zeboyim, and the king of Bela (that is, Zoar).
- Genesis 14:8
Then the king of Sodom, the king of Gomorrah, the king of Admah, the king of Zeboyim and the king of Bela (that is, Zoar) marched out and drew up their battle lines in the Valley of Siddim
- Genesis 14:10
Now the Valley of Siddim was full of tar pits, and when the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, some of the men fell into them and the rest fled to the hills.
- Genesis 14:11
The four kings seized all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah and all their food; then they went away.
- Genesis 18:20
Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
- Genesis 19:1
[ Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed ] The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground.
- Genesis 19:24
Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens.
- Genesis 19:28
He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 53 Results
- ABRAHAM » His questions about the destruction of the righteous and wicked in Sodom (Genesis 18:23-32)
- ABRAHAM » Witnesses the destruction of Sodom (Genesis 19:27,28)
- ANGEL (a spirit) » APPEARANCES OF » To Lot, in Sodom (Genesis 19:1-17)
- BERA » King of Sodom (Genesis 14:2)
- BIRSHA » A king of Gomorrah (Genesis 14:2-10)
- BRIMSTONE » Fire and, rained upon Sodom (Genesis 19:24; Luke 17:29)
- CONDESCENSION OF GOD » Indulges Abraham's intercession for Sodom (Genesis 18:23-33)
- CURIOSITY » INSTANCES OF » Of Abraham, to know whether God would destroy the righteous people who lived in Sodom (Genesis 18:23-32)
- DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD » INSTANCES OF » Of Lot's wife, in looking back upon Sodom (Genesis 19:26)
- GOD » HIS PRESERVING CARE EXEMPLIFIED » To Lot, when Sodom was destroyed (Genesis 19)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.