Keyword search results
- 1 Chronicles 21:1
[ David Counts the Fighting Men ] Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.
- Job 1:6
One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them.
- Job 1:7
The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”
- Job 1:8
Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
- Job 1:9
“Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied.
- Job 1:12
The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.” Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.
- Job 2:1
On another day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them to present himself before him.
- Job 2:2
And the Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”
- Job 2:3
Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”
- Job 2:4
“Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 31 Results
1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
- ACCUSATION, FALSE » INCIDENTS ILLUSTRATIVE OF » Satan falsely accuses Job (Job 1:9,10;2:4,5)
- AFFLICTIONS AND ADVERSITIES » FROM SATAN (Job 1;; 2 Corinthians 12:7)
- BLASPHEMY » INSTANCES OF » Two disciples, Hymenaeus and Alexander, who were delivered to Satan, so that they could learn not to blaspheme (2 Timothy 1:20)
- CRAFTINESS » INSTANCES OF » Satan, in the temptation of Eve (Genesis 3:1-5)
- DECEPTION » INSTANCES OF » By Satan (Genesis 3:4)
- DEMONS » See SATAN
- DEVIL » See SATAN
- DRAGON » A term applied » To Satan (Revelation 20:2)
- EVE » Beguiled by Satan (Genesis 3; 2 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Timothy 2:14)
- FEAR OF GOD » CONSPICUOUS INSTANCES OF THOSE WHO FEARED » Job, according to the testimony of Satan (Job 1:8)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.