Keyword search results
- Acts 4:36
Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”),
- Acts 9:27
But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. He told them how Saul on his journey had seen the Lord and that the Lord had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had preached fearlessly in the name of Jesus.
- Acts 11:22
News of this reached the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch.
- Acts 11:25
Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul,
- Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
- Acts 11:30
This they did, sending their gift to the elders by Barnabas and Saul.
- Acts 12:25
[ Barnabas and Saul Sent Off ] When Barnabas and Saul had finished their mission, they returned from Jerusalem, taking with them John, also called Mark.
- Acts 13:1
Now in the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch) and Saul.
- Acts 13:2
While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
- Acts 13:7
who was an attendant of the proconsul, Sergius Paulus. The proconsul, an intelligent man, sent for Barnabas and Saul because he wanted to hear the word of God.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 32 Results
[ In Iconium
] At Iconium Paul and Barnabas
went as usual into the Jewish synagogue. There they spoke so effectively that a great number of Jews and Greeks believed. But the Jews who refused to believe stirred up the other Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers. So Paul and Barnabas
spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders. ...
- ANTIOCH » A city of Syria » Barnabas and Paul make second visit to (Acts 14:26-28)
- APOSTLES » See BARNABAS
- CYPRUS » Barnabas born in (Acts 4:36)
- CYPRUS » Visited by Barnabas and Saul (Acts 13:4-12)
- CYPRUS » Barnabas and Mark visit (Acts 15:39)
- ENVY » INSTANCES OF » Jews, of Paul and Barnabas (Acts 13:45;17:5)
- FAITH » INSTANCES OF FAITH IN CHRIST » Barnabas (Acts 11:24)
- FASTING » INSTANCES OF » Of the disciples, at the time of the consecration of Barnabas and Saul (Acts 13:2,3)
- HOMAGE » Paul and Barnabas (Acts 14:11-18)
- INTEGRITY » INSTANCES OF » Paul and Barnabas, when the people of Lystra desired to deify them (Acts 14:12-15)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.