Keyword search results
- Genesis 19:38
The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.
- Numbers 21:24
Israel, however, put him to the sword and took over his land from the Arnon to the Jabbok, but only as far as the Ammonites, because their border was fortified.
- Deuteronomy 2:19
When you come to the Ammonites, do not harass them or provoke them to war, for I will not give you possession of any land belonging to the Ammonites. I have given it as a possession to the descendants of Lot.”
- Deuteronomy 2:20
(That too was considered a land of the Rephaites, who used to live there; but the Ammonites called them Zamzummites.
- Deuteronomy 2:21
They were a people strong and numerous, and as tall as the Anakites. The Lord destroyed them from before the Ammonites, who drove them out and settled in their place.
- Deuteronomy 2:37
But in accordance with the command of the Lord our God, you did not encroach on any of the land of the Ammonites, neither the land along the course of the Jabbok nor that around the towns in the hills.
- Deuteronomy 3:11
(Og king of Bashan was the last of the Rephaites. His bed was decorated with iron and was more than nine cubits long and four cubits wide. It is still in Rabbah of the Ammonites.)
- Deuteronomy 3:16
But to the Reubenites and the Gadites I gave the territory extending from Gilead down to the Arnon Gorge (the middle of the gorge being the border) and out to the Jabbok River, which is the border of the Ammonites.
- Joshua 12:2
Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon. He ruled from Aroer on the rim of the Arnon Gorge—from the middle of the gorge—to the Jabbok River, which is the border of the Ammonites. This included half of Gilead.
- Joshua 13:10
and all the towns of Sihon king of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon, out to the border of the Ammonites.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 35 Results
- ABISHAI » Defeats the Ammonites (2 Samuel 10:10,14)
- AI » A city of the Ammonites (Jeremiah 49:3)
- ALLIANCES » INSTANCES OF » Moabites, Amalekites, and Ammonites (Judges 3:12,13)
- AROER » A city built, or, probably more correctly, rebuilt » Jephthah smites the Ammonites at (Judges 11:33)
- BAALIS » King of the Ammonites (Jeremiah 40:14)
- BENJAMIN » TRIBE OF » Territory of, invaded by the Ammonites (Judges 10:9)
- CHEMOSH » An idol of » The Moabites and Ammonites (1 Kings 11:7,33; 2 Kings 23:13; Jeremiah 48:7,13,46)
- DAVID » King of Israel » Sends commissioners with a message of sympathy to Hanun, son of the king of Ammon; the message is misinterpreted, and commissioners treated with indignity; David retaliates by invading, and defeats the combined armies of the Ammonites and Syrians (2 Samuel 10; 1 Chronicles 19)
- DAVID » King of Israel » Ammonites defeated and tortured (1 Samuel 12:26-31)
- FEAR OF GOD » CONSPICUOUS INSTANCES OF THOSE WHO FEARED » Jehoshaphat, in proclaiming a feast, when the land was about to be invaded by the armies of the Ammonites and Moabites (1 Chronicles 20:3)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.