[ Abraham Tested ] Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.” Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. ...
Keyword search results
- Genesis 17:5
No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.
- Genesis 17:9
Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come.
- Genesis 17:15
God also said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah.
- Genesis 17:17
Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”
- Genesis 17:18
And Abraham said to God, “If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!”
- Genesis 17:22
When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.
- Genesis 17:23
On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and circumcised them, as God told him.
- Genesis 17:24
Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised,
- Genesis 17:26
Abraham and his son Ishmael were both circumcised on that very day.
- Genesis 17:27
And every male in Abraham’s household, including those born in his household or bought from a foreigner, was circumcised with him.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 204 Results
- ABIDAH » A descendant of Abraham (Genesis 25:4)
- ABRAHAM » Called ABRAHAM (Genesis 17:5; Nehemiah 9:7)
- ALLIANCES » INSTANCES OF » Between Abraham and Mamre, Eshcol, and Aner (Genesis 14:13)
- ALLIANCES » INSTANCES OF » Abraham and Abimelech (Genesis 21:22-32)
- ALTAR » Built by Abraham (Genesis 12:7,8;13:18;22:9)
- AMALEK » Probably not the ancestor of the Amalekites mentioned in time of Abraham (Genesis 14:7)
- AMORITES » Struck down by Chedorlaomer and rescued by Abraham (Genesis 14)
- AMORITES » Given to descendants of Abraham (Genesis 15:21;48:22; Deuteronomy 1:20;2:26-36;7:1; Joshua 3:10;)
- ANGEL (a spirit) » APPEARANCES OF » To Abraham (Genesis 18:2;22:11-18)
- ARMIES » March in ranks » Abraham, in pursuit of Chedorlaomer (Genesis 14:14,15)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.