A man promiseth for his neighbour; and when he hath lost reverence, that is, shamefastness before God and man, the borrower shall be forsaken of (or by) him. Worst promise, by which the neighbour promised falsely to deliver his borrow, hath lost many loving men, and hath moved them as the waves of the sea. It going in compass made mighty men to pass over; and (then) they wandered about among alien folks. [A man again-promiseth of his neighbour; and when he hath lost reverence, he shall be forsaken of him. Most shrewd (or depraved) again-promising spoiled many loving men, and (al)together stirred them as the floods, or waves, of the sea. Compassing it made mighty men to go out; and wandered in alien folks.]
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Upgrade to remove banner ads and unlock new features!
You've successfully created your account! For the ultimate Bible Gateway experience, consider upgrading Bible Gateway Plus to get the most out of your new account. For just a few dollars each month, a Bible Gateway Plus upgrade gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.