These were his children who were born in Jerusalem: ·Shammua [or Shimea; 2 Sam. 5:14], Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon—the four children of David and ·Bathsheba [or Bathshua; 2 Sam. 12:24], Ammiel’s daughter.
He had these six sons while he was in Hebron; he was king there for seven years and six months. He went on to be king in Jerusalem for another thirty-three years. These are the sons he had in Jerusalem: first Shammua, then Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon. Bathsheba daughter of Ammiel was the mother of these four. And then there were another nine sons: Ibhar, Elishua, Eliphelet, Nogah, Nepheg, Japhia, Elishama, Eliada, Eliphelet—David’s sons, plus Tamar their sister. There were other sons by his concubines.
Forsooth four sons, that is, Shimea, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon, were born of Bathsheba, the daughter of Ammiel, to him in Jerusalem; (And four sons, that is, Shimea, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon, were born to him of Bathsheba, the daughter of Ammiel, in Jerusalem;)
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Now that you've created a Bible Gateway account, upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, the ultimate online Bible reading & study experience! For just a few dollars each month, Bible Gateway Plus gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.