David ·asked [inquired of; C perhaps by means of the Urim and Thummim; Ex. 28:30] God, “Should I go ·and attack [against] the Philistines? Will you hand them over to me?” The Lord answered him, “Go, I will hand them over to you.”
and David counselled (with) the Lord, and said, Whether I shall go up to the Philistines? and whether thou shalt betake them into mine hands? And the Lord said to him, Go thou up, and I shall betake them into thine hand. (and David counselled with the Lord, and said, Should I go up against the Philistines? and shalt thou deliver them into my hands? And the Lord said to him, Go thou up, and I shall deliver them into thy hands.)
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Upgrade to remove banner ads and unlock new features!
You've successfully created your account! For the ultimate Bible Gateway experience, consider upgrading Bible Gateway Plus to get the most out of your new account. For just a few dollars each month, a Bible Gateway Plus upgrade gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.