New Living Translation
Paul Arrives at Rome
11 It was three months after the shipwreck that we set sail on another ship that had wintered at the island—an Alexandrian ship with the twin gods[a] as its figurehead. 12 Our first stop was Syracuse,[b] where we stayed three days. 13 From there we sailed across to Rhegium.[c] A day later a south wind began blowing, so the following day we sailed up the coast to Puteoli. 14 There we found some believers,[d] who invited us to spend a week with them. And so we came to Rome.
15 The brothers and sisters[e] in Rome had heard we were coming, and they came to meet us at the Forum[f] on the Appian Way. Others joined us at The Three Taverns.[g] When Paul saw them, he was encouraged and thanked God.Read full chapter
- 28:11 The twin gods were the Roman gods Castor and Pollux.
- 28:12 Syracuse was on the island of Sicily.
- 28:13 Rhegium was on the southern tip of Italy.
- 28:14 Greek brothers.
- 28:15a Greek brothers.
- 28:15b The Forum was about 43 miles (70 kilometers) from Rome.
- 28:15c The Three Taverns was about 35 miles (57 kilometers) from Rome.