1599 Geneva Bible
10 1 The vanity of Idolatry. 3 The Lord promiseth to visit and comfort the house of Israel.
1 Ask you of the [a]Lord rain in the time of the latter rain: so shall the Lord make white clouds, and give you showers of rain, and to everyone grass in the field.
2 Surely the [b]idols have spoken vanity, and the soothsayers have seen a lie, and the dreamers have told a vain thing: they comfort in vain: therefore [c]they went away as sheep: they were troubled, because there was no shepherd.Read full chapter
- Zechariah 10:1 The Prophet reproveth the Jews, because by their own infidelity they put back God’s graces promised, and so famine came by God’s just judgment: therefore to avoid this plague, he willeth them to turn to God, and to pray in faith to him, and so he will give them abundance.
- Zechariah 10:2 He calleth to remembrance God’s punishments in times past, because they trusted not in him, but in their idols and sorcerers who ever deceived them.
- Zechariah 10:2 That is, the Jews went into captivity.
- Zechariah 10:3 Meaning, the cruel governors which did oppress the poor sheep, Ezek. 34:16, 17.
- Zechariah 10:3 He will be merciful to his Church and cherish them as a king or prince doth his best horse which shall be for his own use in war.