Song of Solomon 7
New American Standard Bible
Admiration by the Bridegroom
7 “[a]How beautiful are your [b]feet in sandals,
O [c](A)prince’s daughter!
The curves of your hips are like [d]jewels,
The work of the hands of an artist.
2 “Your navel is like a round goblet
Which never lacks mixed wine;
Your belly is like a heap of wheat
Fenced about with lilies.
3 “Your (B)two breasts are like two fawns,
Twins of a gazelle.
4 “Your (C)neck is like a tower of ivory,
Your eyes like the pools in (D)Heshbon
By the gate of Bath-rabbim;
Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon,
Which faces toward Damascus.
5 “Your head [e]crowns you like (E)Carmel,
And the flowing locks of your head are like purple threads;
The king is captivated by your tresses.
6 “How (F)beautiful and how delightful you are,
[f]My love, with all your charms!
7 “[g]Your stature is like a palm tree,
And your breasts are like its clusters.
8 “I said, ‘I will climb the palm tree,
I will take hold of its fruit stalks.’
Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine,
And the fragrance of your [h]breath like [i](G)apples,
9 And your [j](H)mouth like the best wine!”
The Union of Love
10 “(J)I am my beloved’s,
And his (K)desire is for me.
11 “Come, my beloved, let us go out into the [l]country,
Let us spend the night in the villages.
12 “Let us rise early and go to the vineyards;
Let us (L)see whether the vine has budded
And its blossoms have opened,
And whether the pomegranates have bloomed.
There I will give you my love.
13 “The (M)mandrakes have given forth fragrance;
And over our doors are all (N)choice fruits,
Both new and old,
Which I have saved up for you, my beloved.
- Song of Solomon 7:1 Ch 7:2 in Heb
- Song of Solomon 7:1 Lit footsteps
- Song of Solomon 7:1 Or nobleman’s
- Song of Solomon 7:1 Or ornaments
- Song of Solomon 7:5 Lit is upon
- Song of Solomon 7:6 Or With love among your delights
- Song of Solomon 7:7 Lit This stature of yours
- Song of Solomon 7:8 Lit nose
- Song of Solomon 7:8 Or apricots
- Song of Solomon 7:9 Lit palate
- Song of Solomon 7:9 BRIDE
- Song of Solomon 7:11 Lit field