Song of Solomon 6
American Standard Version
6 Whither is thy beloved gone,
O thou fairest among women?
Whither hath thy beloved turned him,
That we may seek him with thee?
2 My beloved is gone down to his garden,
To the beds of [a]spices,
To feed in the gardens, and to gather lilies.
3 I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine:
He feedeth his flock among the lilies.
4 Thou art fair, O my love, as Tirzah,
Comely as Jerusalem,
Terrible as [b]an army with banners.
5 Turn away thine eyes from me,
For they [c]have overcome me.
Thy hair is as a flock of goats,
That lie along the side of Gilead.
6 Thy teeth are like a flock of ewes,
Which are come up from the washing;
Whereof every one hath twins,
And none is bereaved among them.
7 Thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate
Behind thy veil.
8 There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines,
And [d]virgins without number.
9 My dove, my [e]undefiled, is but one;
She is the only one of her mother;
She is the [f]choice one of her that bare her.
The daughters saw her, and called her blessed;
Yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.
10 Who is she that looketh forth as the morning,
Fair as the moon,
[g]Clear as the sun,
Terrible as an army with banners?
11 I went down into the garden of nuts,
To see the green plants of the valley,
To see whether the vine budded,
And the pomegranates were in flower.
12 Before I was aware, my [h]soul [i]set me
Among the chariots of my [j]princely people.
13 Return, return, O Shulammite;
Return, return, that we may look upon thee.
Why will ye look upon the Shulammite,
As upon the dance [k]of Mahanaim?
- Song of Solomon 6:2 Or, balsam
- Song of Solomon 6:4 Hebrew bannered hosts.
- Song of Solomon 6:5 Or, make me afraid
- Song of Solomon 6:8 Or, maidens
- Song of Solomon 6:9 Hebrew perfect.
- Song of Solomon 6:9 Or, pure
- Song of Solomon 6:10 Or, Pure
- Song of Solomon 6:12 Or, desire
- Song of Solomon 6:12 Or, made me like the chariots of Amminadib
- Song of Solomon 6:12 Or, willing
- Song of Solomon 6:13 Or, of two companies