New English Translation
9 Much more then, because we have now been declared righteous[a] by his blood,[b] we will be saved through him from God’s wrath.[c] 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, how much more, since we have been reconciled, will we be saved by his life? 11 Not[d] only this, but we also rejoice[e] in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received this reconciliation.Read full chapter
- Romans 5:9 tn Grk “having now been declared righteous.” The participle δικαιωθέντες (dikaiōthentes) has been translated as a causal adverbial participle.
- Romans 5:9 tn Or, according to BDF §219.3, “at the price of his blood.”
- Romans 5:9 tn Grk “the wrath,” referring to God’s wrath as v. 10 shows.
- Romans 5:11 tn Here δέ (de) has not been translated because of differences between Greek and English style.
- Romans 5:11 tn Or “exult, boast.”