The Passion Translation
10 So if while we were still enemies, God fully reconciled[a] us to himself through the death of his Son, then something greater than friendship is ours. Now that we are at peace with God, and because we share in his resurrection life, how much more we will be rescued from sin’s dominion![b]
The Gift of Grace Greater Than Sin
12 When Adam sinned, the entire world was affected. Sin entered human experience, and death was the result. And so death followed this sin,[e] casting its shadow over all humanity, because all have sinned.Read full chapter
- Romans 5:10 The Greek verb for reconciled is actually “exchanged.” That is, he exchanged our sins for his righteousness and thus reconciled us to God. The reign of death is caused by the guilt of sin.
- Romans 5:10 See also John 14:19; Heb. 7:25.
- Romans 5:11 Or “boasting” (in God).
- Romans 5:11 As translated from the Aramaic, which can also be translated “By him [Jesus] we now accept his door-opening.” The Greek is “reconciled.”
- Romans 5:12 “This sin” is translated from the Aramaic.