1599 Geneva Bible
1599 Geneva Bible
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven for their pains, and for their sores, and repented not of their works.Read full chapter
- Revelation 16:12 The story of the sixth Angel, divided into his act, and the event thereof. The act is, that the Angel did cast out of his mouth the plague of a most glowing heat, wherewith even the greatest floods, and which most were wont to swell and overflow (as Euphrates) were dried up by the counsel of God in this verse. The event is, that the mere madness wherewith the wicked are enraged, that they may scorn the judgments of God, and abuse them furiously to serve their own turn, and to the executing of their own wicked outrage.
- Revelation 16:12 The bound of the spiritual Babylon, and to the fortresses of the same, Rev. 9:14.
- Revelation 16:12 So the Church of the ungodly, and kingdom of the beast is said to be left naked, all the defenses whereof, in which they put their trust being taken away from it.
- Revelation 16:12 That is, that even they which dwell further off, may with more commodity make haste unto that sacrifice which the Lord hath appointed.
- Revelation 16:13 That is, every of them bent their whole force, and conspired that by wonders, word and work, they might bring into the same destruction all Kings, Princes and Potentates of the world, cursedly bewitched of them by their spirits, and teachers of the vanity and impurity of the beast that committed fornication with the kings of the earth. And this is a right description of our times.
- Revelation 16:13 Croaking with all importunity, and continually day and night provoking and calling forth to arms, as the trumpets, and furies of wars: as is declared in the next verse.
- Revelation 16:13 That is, the devil, as Rev. 11:3
- Revelation 16:13 Whereof Rev. 13:1.
- Revelation 16:13 That is, of that other beast, of which Rev. 13:11, for so he is called also Rev. 19:20 and 20:10.