The Passion Translation
3 And they were singing a wonderful new song before the throne, in front of the four living creatures, and in front of the twenty-four elders.
4 No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed free from the earth. These are the ones who have not defiled themselves with women,[a] for they are virgins,[b] and they join themselves to the Lamb wherever he goes. They have been redeemed, purchased from humanity and brought forth as the firstfruits[c] for God and the Lamb. 5 Their words are always true;[d] they are without flaw.[e]Read full chapter
- Revelation 14:4 These women become a metaphor for the daughters of the harlot of Babylon, with its false religious system (Rev. 17:5).
- Revelation 14:4 See 2 Cor. 11:2. Like Mary the virgin, these are pure, obedient, and willing to do the will of God and will bring forth an expression of Christ to the earth.
- Revelation 14:4 That is, they are the first parts of the harvest of Christ’s life within the believer. Set apart for God and the Lamb, they become examples for all others to follow.
- Revelation 14:5 Or “Falsehood was not found in their mouths.”
- Revelation 14:5 See Song. 4:7.