New American Standard Bible
Grieving over Defeat in Battle, and Prayer for Help.
For the music director; according to [a]Shushan Eduth. A [b]Mikhtam of David, to teach; [c]when he fought with Aram-naharaim and Aram-zobah, and Joab returned, and killed twelve thousand of Edom in the Valley of Salt.
60 God, (A)You have rejected us. You have [d](B)broken us;
You have been (C)angry; (D)restore us!
2 You have made the [e](E)land quake, You have split it open;
(F)Heal its cracks, for it sways.
3 You have [f](G)made Your people experience hardship;
You have given us [g]wine to (H)drink that makes us stagger.
4 You have given a (I)banner to those who fear You,
That it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah
5 (J)That Your (K)beloved may be rescued,
(L)Save us with Your right hand, and answer [h]us!
- Psalm 60 Title Lit The lily of testimony
- Psalm 60 Title Possibly, Epigrammatic Poem or Atonement Psalm
- Psalm 60 Title 2 Sam 8:3, 13; 1 Chr 18:3, 12
- Psalm 60:1 Or broken out upon us
- Psalm 60:2 Or earth
- Psalm 60:3 Lit caused Your people to see
- Psalm 60:3 Lit wine of staggering
- Psalm 60:5 Some authorities me