English Standard Version
Ascribe to the Lord Glory
A Psalm of David.
7 The voice of the Lord flashes forth flames of fire.
8 The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness;
the Lord shakes the wilderness of (J)Kadesh.
Joy Comes with the Morning
A Psalm of David. A song at the dedication of (P)the temple.
30 I will (Q)extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
and have not let my foes (R)rejoice over me.
2 O Lord my God, I (S)cried to you for help,
and you have (T)healed me.
3 O Lord, you have brought up my soul from (U)Sheol;
you restored me to life from among those who (V)go down to the pit.[e]
4 Sing praises to the Lord, O you (W)his saints,
and (X)give thanks to his holy name.[f]
5 (Y)For his anger is but for a moment,
and (Z)his favor is for a lifetime.[g]
(AA)Weeping may tarry for the night,
but (AB)joy comes with the morning.
8 To you, O Lord, I cry,
and (AH)to the Lord I plead for mercy:
9 “What profit is there in my death,[h]
if I go down to the pit?[i]
Will (AI)the dust praise you?
Will it tell of your faithfulness?
10 (AJ)Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me!
O Lord, be my helper!”
11 You have turned for me my mourning into (AK)dancing;
you have loosed my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
12 that my (AL)glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
- Psalm 29:1 Hebrew sons of God, or sons of might
- Psalm 29:2 Or in holy attire
- Psalm 29:9 Revocalization yields makes the oaks to shake
- Psalm 29:11 Or The Lord will give… The Lord will bless
- Psalm 30:3 Or to life, that I should not go down to the pit
- Psalm 30:4 Hebrew to the memorial of his holiness (see Exodus 3:15)
- Psalm 30:5 Or and in his favor is life
- Psalm 30:9 Hebrew in my blood
- Psalm 30:9 Or to corruption