New English Translation
6 Remember[a] your compassionate and faithful deeds, O Lord,
for you have always acted in this manner.[b]
7 Do not hold against me[c] the sins of my youth[d] or my rebellious acts.
Because you are faithful to me, extend to me your favor, O Lord.[e]
8 The Lord is both kind and fair;[f]
that is why he teaches sinners the right way to live.[g]
- Psalm 25:6 tn That is, “remember” with the intention of repeating.
- Psalm 25:6 tn Heb “for from antiquity [are] they.”
- Psalm 25:7 tn Heb “do not remember,” with the intention of punishing.
- Psalm 25:7 sn That is, the sins characteristic of youths, who lack moral discretion and wisdom.
- Psalm 25:7 tn Heb “according to your faithfulness, remember me, you, for the sake of your goodness, O Lord.”
- Psalm 25:8 tn Heb “good and just.”
- Psalm 25:8 tn Heb “teaches sinners in the way.”