New English Translation
26 Let the oppressed eat and be filled.[a]
Let those who seek his help praise the Lord.
May you[b] live forever!
27 Let all the people of the earth acknowledge the Lord and turn to him.[c]
Let all the nations[d] worship you.[e]
28 For the Lord is king[f]
and rules over the nations.
- Psalm 22:26 sn Eat and be filled. In addition to praising the Lord, the psalmist also offers a thank offering to the Lord and invites others to share in a communal meal.
- Psalm 22:26 tn Heb “may your heart[s].”
- Psalm 22:27 tn Heb “may all the ends of the earth remember and turn to the Lord.” The prefixed verbal forms in v. 27 are understood as jussives (cf. NEB). Another option (cf. NIV, NRSV) is to take the forms as imperfects and translate, “all the people of the earth will acknowledge and turn…and worship.” See vv. 29-32.
- Psalm 22:27 tn Heb “families of the nations.”
- Psalm 22:27 tn Heb “before you.”
- Psalm 22:28 tn Heb “for to the Lord [is] dominion.”