English Standard Version
The Fool Says, There Is No God
To the choirmaster. Of David.
3 They have all turned aside; together they have become (H)corrupt;
there is none who does good,
not even one.
7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord (N)restores the fortunes of his people,
let Jacob rejoice, let Israel be glad.
Who Shall Dwell on Your Holy Hill?
A Psalm of David.
2 He who (R)walks blamelessly and (S)does what is right
and (T)speaks truth in his heart;
3 who (U)does not slander with his tongue
and does no evil to his neighbor,
nor (V)takes up a reproach against his friend;
4 (W)in whose eyes a vile person is despised,
but who honors those who fear the Lord;
who (X)swears to his own hurt and does not change;
5 who (Y)does not put out his money at interest
and (Z)does not take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things shall never be (AA)moved.
You Will Not Abandon My Soul
7 I bless the Lord who (AK)gives me counsel;
in (AL)the night also my (AM)heart instructs me.[f]
8 (AN)I have (AO)set the Lord always before me;
because he is at my (AP)right hand, I shall not be (AQ)shaken.
- Psalm 14:2 Or that act wisely
- Psalm 14:6 Or for
- Psalm 16:1 Probably a musical or liturgical term
- Psalm 16:3 Or To the saints in the land, the excellent in whom is all my delight, I say:
- Psalm 16:4 Or who acquire
- Psalm 16:7 Hebrew my kidneys instruct me
- Psalm 16:9 Hebrew my glory
- Psalm 16:10 Or see the pit