New American Standard Bible
20 God is to us a (A)God of salvation;
And (B)to [a]God the Lord belong ways of escape [b]from death.
21 God certainly will (C)shatter the heads of His enemies,
The hairy [c]head of one who goes about in his guilt.
22 The Lord [d]said, “(D)I will bring them back from Bashan.
I will bring them back from the depths of the sea,
23 So that [e](E)your foot may shatter them in blood,
And the tongue of your (F)dogs may have its portion from your enemies.”
24 They have seen (G)Your procession, God,
The procession of my God, my King, [f](H)into the sanctuary.
25 The (I)singers went on, the musicians after them,
[g]In the midst of the (J)young women beating tambourines.
26 (K)Bless God in the congregations,
Even the Lord, you who are of the (L)fountain of Israel.
27 (M)Benjamin, the [h]youngest, is there, [i]ruling them,
The leaders of Judah in their company,
The leaders of (N)Zebulun, the leaders of Naphtali.
28 [j]Your God has (O)commanded your strength;
Show Yourself strong, God, You (P)who acted [k]in our behalf.
29 [l]Because of Your temple at Jerusalem
(Q)Kings will bring gifts to You.
30 Rebuke the (R)animals [m]in the reeds,
The herd of (S)bulls with the calves of the peoples,
Trampling the pieces of silver;
He has (T)scattered the peoples who delight in war.
31 [n]Messengers will come from (U)Egypt;
[o](V)Cush will quickly stretch out her hands to God.
32 Sing to God, you (W)kingdoms of the earth,
(X)Sing praises to the Lord, Selah
33 To Him who (Y)rides upon the [p](Z)highest heavens, which are from ancient times;
Behold, (AA)He [q]speaks with His voice, a (AB)mighty voice.
34 (AC)Ascribe strength to God;
His majesty is over Israel,
And (AD)His strength is in the [r]skies.
35 [s]God, You are (AE)awesome from Your [t]sanctuary.
The God of Israel Himself (AF)gives strength and power to the people.
(AG)Blessed be God!
- Psalm 68:20 Heb YHWH, usually rendered Lord
- Psalm 68:20 I.e., in view of; lit for
- Psalm 68:21 Lit skull
- Psalm 68:22 Or says
- Psalm 68:23 Some ancient versions render, you may bathe your foot in blood
- Psalm 68:24 Or in holiness
- Psalm 68:25 Or The maidens in the midst
- Psalm 68:27 Or smallest
- Psalm 68:27 Or their ruler
- Psalm 68:28 Some mss Command, God
- Psalm 68:28 Lit for us
- Psalm 68:29 Or From Your temple
- Psalm 68:30 Lit of
- Psalm 68:31 As in LXX; MT uncertain, possibly, Articles of bronze; or Articles of red cloth
- Psalm 68:31 Or Ethiopia
- Psalm 68:33 Lit heaven of heavens of old
- Psalm 68:33 Lit gives forth
- Psalm 68:34 Lit clouds
- Psalm 68:35 Or Awesome is God from your sanctuary
- Psalm 68:35 Lit holy places