The Passion Translation
24 Even her works of righteousness[a]
she does[b] for the benefit of her enemies.[c]
25 Bold power and glorious majesty[d] are wrapped around her
as she laughs with joy over the latter days.[e]
26 Her teachings are filled with wisdom and kindness
as loving instruction pours from her lips.[f]
- Proverbs 31:24 Or “linen.” See footnote for 31:13 regarding linen as a symbol for righteousness.
- Proverbs 31:24 Or “sells them.” The root word for “sell” can also mean “surrender.”
- Proverbs 31:24 Or “aprons or belts for the Canaanites.” The Canaanites were the traditional enemies of the Hebrews.
- Proverbs 31:25 Or “beauty, honor, and excellence.”
- Proverbs 31:25 The virtuous and victorious bride has no fear for the days to come. She contemplates eternity and her forever union with the Bridegroom.
- Proverbs 31:26 The Septuagint is “She opens her mouth carefully and lawfully.”