International Standard Version
19 “Those in the Negev[a] will possess Esau’s Mountain,
and those in the Shephelah[b] the Philistines.
They will possess the fields of Ephraim
and the fields of Samaria,
while Benjamin will possess the territory of[c] Gilead.
20 The exiles, the Israeli host,
will possess the territory of the[d] Canaanites all the way to Zarephath.
The exiles of Jerusalem who are in Sepharad[e]
will possess the cities of the Negev.[f]
21 Deliverers will assemble on Mount Zion to judge Esau’s Mountain,
and to the Lord will the kingdom belong!”
- Obadiah 1:19 I.e. southern region of Israel; cf. Josh 10:40
- Obadiah 1:19 I.e. the verdant central lowlands of Israel; cf. Josh 10:40
- Obadiah 1:19 The Heb. lacks will possess the territory of
- Obadiah 1:20 The Heb. lacks the territory of
- Obadiah 1:20 I.e. perhaps Sardis, capital of Lydia, Saparda in eastern Assyria, Sparta in Greece, or a location in Spain (so Targ of Jonathan)
- Obadiah 1:20 I.e. southern region of Israel; cf. Josh 10:40