1599 Geneva Bible
12 1 Aaron and Miriam grudge against Moses. 10 Miriam is stricken with leprosy, and healed at the prayer of Moses.
2 And they said, What? hath the Lord spoken but only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? and the Lord heard this.
3 (But Moses was a very [c]meek man above all the men that were upon the earth.)
4 And by and by the Lord said unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, come out ye three unto the Tabernacle of the Congregation: and they three came forth.
5 Then the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the Tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam, and they both came forth.
6 And he said, Hear now my words, If there be a Prophet of the Lord among you, I will be known to him by a [d]vision, and will speak unto him by dream.
7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful [e]in all mine house,
8 Unto him will I speak (A)mouth to mouth, and by vision, and not in dark words, but he shall [f]see the similitude of the Lord. Wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant, even against Moses?
9 Thus the Lord was very angry with them, and departed.
10 Also the cloud departed from the [g]Tabernacle: and behold, Miriam was leprous like snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and behold, she was leprous.
11 Then Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, which we have foolishly committed, and wherein we have sinned.
12 Let her not, I pray thee, be as one [h]dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed, when he cometh out of his mother’s womb.
13 Then Moses cried unto the Lord, saying, O God, I beseech thee, heal her now.
15 So Miriam was shut out of the host seven days, and the people removed not, till Miriam was brought in again.
- Numbers 12:1 Or, murmured.
- Numbers 12:1 Zipporah Moses’ wife was a Midianite, and because Midian bordered on Ethiopia, it is sometimes in the Scriptures comprehended under this name.
- Numbers 12:3 And so bare with their grudging, although he knew them.
- Numbers 12:6 These were the two ordinary means.
- Numbers 12:7 In all Israel which was his Church.
- Numbers 12:8 So far as any man was able to comprehend, which he calleth his back parts, Exod. 33:23.
- Numbers 12:10 From the door of the Tabernacle.
- Numbers 12:12 As a child that cometh out of his mother’s belly dead, having as it were but the skin.
- Numbers 12:14 In his displeasure.