English Standard Version
15 (A)Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union?[a] And what was the one God[b] seeking?[c] (B)Godly offspring. So guard yourselves[d] in your spirit, and let none of you be (C)faithless to the wife of your youth. 16 “For (D)the man who does not love his wife but divorces her,[e] says the Lord, the God of Israel, covers[f] his garment with violence, says the Lord of hosts. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and (E)do not be faithless.”Read full chapter
- Malachi 2:15 Hebrew in it
- Malachi 2:15 Hebrew the one
- Malachi 2:15 Or And not one has done this who has a portion of the Spirit. And what was that one seeking?
- Malachi 2:15 Or So take care; also verse 16
- Malachi 2:16 Hebrew who hates and divorces
- Malachi 2:16 Probable meaning (compare Septuagint and Deuteronomy 24:1–4); or “The Lord, the God of Israel, says that he hates divorce, and him who covers