2 He said to them,
“When you pray, [a]say:
‘[b]Father, [c]hallowed be Your name.
[d]Your kingdom come.
‘Give us each day our [e]daily bread.
‘And forgive us our sins,
For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us [who has offended or wronged us].
And [f]lead us not into temptation [[g]but rescue us from evil].’”
- Luke 11:2 I.e. as a model or pattern.
- Luke 11:2 Later mss add phrases from Matt 6:9-13 to make the two passages closely similar.
- Luke 11:2 I.e. set apart, keep and treat as holy, revere.
- Luke 11:2 A plea for God’s kingdom to be inaugurated on earth.
- Luke 11:3 I.e. life’s essentials.
- Luke 11:4 I.e. lead us away from situations where we are vulnerable and have the opportunity to sin. God does not tempt man (see James 1:13) but does allow man to be tested.
- Luke 11:4 NU omits.