New English Translation
Redemption of Fields Given as Votive Offerings
16 “‘If a man consecrates to the Lord some of his own landed property, the conversion value must be calculated in accordance with the amount of seed needed to sow it,[a] a homer of barley seed being priced at fifty shekels of silver.[b] 17 If he consecrates his field in the Jubilee year,[c] the conversion value will stand, 18 but if[d] he consecrates his field after the Jubilee, the priest will calculate the price[e] for him according to the years that are left until the next Jubilee year, and it will be deducted from the conversion value.Read full chapter
- Leviticus 27:16 tn Heb “a conversion value shall be to the mouth of its seed.”
- Leviticus 27:16 tn Heb “seed of a homer of barley in fifty shekels of silver.”
- Leviticus 27:17 tn Heb “from the year of the jubilee.” For the meaning of “jubilee,” see the note on Lev 25:10 above.
- Leviticus 27:18 tn Heb “And if.” The Hebrew conjunction ו (vav, “and”) can be considered to have adversative force here.
- Leviticus 27:18 tn Heb “the silver.”