New King James Version
3 Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, 4 they said to Him, “Teacher, [a]this woman was caught in (A)adultery, in the very act. 5 (B)Now [b]Moses, in the law, commanded us [c]that such should be stoned. But what do You [d]say?” 6 This they said, testing Him, that they (C)might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, [e]as though He did not hear.
7 So when they continued asking Him, He [f]raised Himself up and said to them, (D)“He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” 8 And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 Then those who heard it, (E)being[g] convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up [h]and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers [i]of yours? Has no one condemned you?”
11 She said, “No one, Lord.”
And Jesus said to her, (F)“Neither do I condemn you; go [j]and (G)sin no more.”Read full chapter
- John 8:4 M we found this woman
- John 8:5 M in our law Moses commanded
- John 8:5 NU, M to stone such
- John 8:5 M adds about her
- John 8:6 NU, M omit as though He did not hear
- John 8:7 M He looked up
- John 8:9 NU, M omit being convicted by their conscience
- John 8:10 NU omits and saw no one but the woman; M He saw her and said,
- John 8:10 NU, M omit of yours
- John 8:11 NU, M add from now on
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.