1599 Geneva Bible
11 They that make oil [a]between their walls, and tread their winepresses, suffer thirst.
13 These are they that abhor the [e]light: they know not the ways thereof, nor continue in the paths thereof.Read full chapter
- Job 24:11 In such places which are appointed for that purpose: meaning, that those that labor for the wicked, are pined for hunger.
- Job 24:12 For the great oppression and extortion.
- Job 24:12 Cry out and call for vengeance.
- Job 24:12 God doth not condemn the wicked, but seemeth to pass over it by his long silence.
- Job 24:13 That is, God’s word, because they are reproved thereby.
New International Version
11 They crush olives among the terraces[a];
they tread the winepresses,(A) yet suffer thirst.(B)
12 The groans of the dying rise from the city,
and the souls of the wounded cry out for help.(C)
But God charges no one with wrongdoing.(D)
- Job 24:11 The meaning of the Hebrew for this word is uncertain.