Disciples’ Literal New Testament
14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish-interest[a] in your heart, do not be vaunting[b] and lying against the truth. 15 This wisdom is not coming down[c] from-above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. 16 For where jealousy and selfish-interest are, in-that-place there is disorder[d] and every bad thing[e].Read full chapter
- James 3:14 Or, selfish-ambition, party-spirit.
- James 3:14 That is, in claiming to be wise.
- James 3:15 The source of the wisdom in your heart will be known by the actions it produces in you and in your listeners.
- James 3:16 Or, instability, confusion, disturbance.
- James 3:16 Or, evil matter, deed, work.