New English Translation
A Prayer for Divine Intervention
7 I will tell of the faithful acts of the Lord,
of the Lord’s praiseworthy deeds.
I will tell about all[c] the Lord did for us,
the many good things he did for the family of Israel,[d]
because of[e] his compassion and great faithfulness.
8 He said, “Certainly they will be my people,
children who are not disloyal.”[f]
He became their deliverer.
- Isaiah 63:6 sn See Isa 49:26 and 51:23 for similar imagery.
- Isaiah 63:6 tn Heb “and I brought down to the ground their juice.” “Juice” refers to their blood (see v. 3).
- Isaiah 63:7 tn Heb “according to all which.”
- Isaiah 63:7 tn Heb “greatness of goodness to the house of Israel which he did for them.”
- Isaiah 63:7 tn Heb “according to.”
- Isaiah 63:8 tn Heb “children [who] do not act deceitfully.” Here the verb refers to covenantal loyalty.