The Passion Translation
5 I looked, but there was no one to help me.
I was amazed that there was no one to support me.
So my own power[a] accomplished salvation,
and my wrath[b] sustained me.
6 So I trampled down nations in my anger
and shattered them[c] in my fury
and spilled their blood on the ground.”
God’s Endless Mercy
7 I will tell again of the faithful, gracious acts[d] of Yahweh
and praise him for everything[e] he has done for us—
the wonderful goodness,[f] the riches of his mercy,
which he has shown to the house of Israel,
and the abundance of his endless love.
- Isaiah 63:5 Or “my own arm,” a symbol of God power.
- Isaiah 63:5 Some Hebrew manuscripts have (weṣidqathi): “My victorious [right hand] sustained me.”
- Isaiah 63:6 As translated from most Hebrew manuscripts and Targum (Aramaic); however, some manuscripts read “I made them drunk with my fury.”
- Isaiah 63:7 Literally “the loving-kindnesses.”
- Isaiah 63:7 Or “the praiseworthy deeds.”
- Isaiah 63:7 See Ps. 145:7.