New English Translation
4 Look all around you![a]
They all gather and come to you—
your sons come from far away,
and your daughters are escorted by guardians.
5 Then you will look and smile,[b]
you will be excited and your heart will swell with pride.[c]
For the riches of distant lands[d] will belong to you,
and the wealth of nations will come to you.
6 Camel caravans will cover your roads,[e]
young camels from Midian and Ephah.
All the merchants of Sheba[f] will come,
bringing gold and incense
and singing praises to the Lord.[g]
- Isaiah 60:4 tn Heb “Lift up around your eyes and see!”
- Isaiah 60:5 tn Or “shine,” or “be radiant” (NAB, NASB, NIV, NRSV).
- Isaiah 60:5 tn Heb “and it will tremble and be wide, your heart.”
- Isaiah 60:5 tn Heb “the wealth of the sea,” i.e., wealth that is transported from distant lands via the sea.
- Isaiah 60:6 tn Heb “an abundance of camels will cover you.”
- Isaiah 60:6 tn Heb “all of them, from Sheba.”
- Isaiah 60:6 tn Heb “and they will announce the praises of the Lord.”