International Standard Version
19 “The sun will no longer be your light by day,
nor for brightness will the moon shine on you by night[a]—
for the Lord will be your everlasting light,[b]
and your God will be your glory.
20 Your sun won’t[c] set,
nor will your moon withdraw itself—
for the Lord will be your everlasting light,
and your days of mourning will end.
21 Then your people will all be righteous;
They’ll possess the land forever.
They are the shoot[d] that the Lord planted,[e]
the works[f] of his hands,
so that I might be glorified.
- Isaiah 60:19 So 1QIsaa LXX. Not in 1QIsab MT
- Isaiah 60:19 1QIsab lacks and your God … light; 1QIsaa MT LXX contain the longer reading
- Isaiah 60:20 So 1QIsaa LXX; MT reads will no longer
- Isaiah 60:21 So 1QIsaa 4QIsam MT; 1QIsaa MTms lacks the shoot; LXX reads Guarding
- Isaiah 60:21 Lit. of the plantings of the Lord; so 1QIsaa; 1QIsab reads of his plantings MT reads of his planting MTqere reads of my planting LXX reads the planting
- Isaiah 60:21 So 1QIsaa; 1QIsab MT read work