1599 Geneva Bible
7 Thou hast made thy [c]bed upon a very high mountain: thou wentest up thither, even thither wentest thou to offer sacrifice.
8 Behind the [d]doors also and posts hast thou set up thy remembrance: for thou hast discovered thyself to another, than me, and wentest up, and didst [e]enlarge thy bed, and make a covenant between thee and them, and lovedst their bed in every place where thou sawest it.Read full chapter
- Isaiah 57:6 Meaning, every place was polluted with their idolatry: or every fair stone that they found, they made an idol of it.
- Isaiah 57:6 In the sacrifices which you offering before these idols, thought you did serve God.
- Isaiah 57:7 To wit, thine altars in an open place, like an impudent harlot, that careth not for the sight of her husband.
- Isaiah 57:8 Instead of setting up the word of God in the open places on the posts and doors to have it in remembrance, Deut. 6:9 and 27:1, thou hast set up signs and marks of thine idolatry in every place.
- Isaiah 57:8 That is, didst increase thine idolatry more and more.