International Standard Version
2 “I myself will go before you,
and he[a] will make the mountains[b] level;
I’ll shatter bronze doors
and cut through iron bars.
3 I’ll give you concealed treasures[c]
and riches hidden in secret places,
so that you’ll know that it is I, the Lord,
the God of Israel, who calls you by name.
4 For the sake of Jacob my servant,
Israel[d] my chosen,
I’ve called you,
and he has established you with a name,[e]
although you have not acknowledged me.
- Isaiah 45:2 So 1QIsaa; MT LXX read I
- Isaiah 45:2 So 1QIsaa 1QIsab LXX; MT reads hills
- Isaiah 45:3 Lit. treasures of darkness
- Isaiah 45:4 So 1QIsaa; MT LXX read and Israel
- Isaiah 45:4 So 1QIsaa; MT reads I have called you by your name, given you a title; LXX reads I will call you by your name, and receive you