1599 Geneva Bible
4 And all the host of heaven [a]shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be folded like a book: and all their hosts shall fall as the leaf falleth from the vine, and as it falleth from the fig tree.
6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood: it is made fat with the fat and with the blood of the [d]lambs and the goats, with the fat of the kidneys of the rams: for the Lord hath a sacrifice in [e]Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Edom.Read full chapter
- Isaiah 34:4 He speaketh this in respect of man’s judgment, who in great fear and horrible troubles, thinketh that heaven and earth perisheth.
- Isaiah 34:5 I have determined in my secret counsel, and in the heavens to destroy them till my sword be weary with shedding of blood.
- Isaiah 34:5 They had an opinion of holiness, because they came of the Patriarch Isaac, but in effect were accursed of God, and enemies unto his Church, as the Papists are.
- Isaiah 34:6 That is, both of young and old, poor and rich of his enemies.
- Isaiah 34:6 That famous city shall be consumed as a sacrifice burnt to ashes.