1599 Geneva Bible
23 1 A Prophecy against Tyre. 17 A promise that it shall be restored.
2 Be still, ye that dwell in the isles: the merchants of Sidon, and such as pass over the sea, have [f]replenished thee.
3 The [g]seed of Nile growing by the abundance of waters, and the harvest of the river was her revenues, and she was a mart of the nations.Read full chapter
- Isaiah 23:1 Read Isa. 13:1.
- Isaiah 23:1 Ye of Cilicia that come thither for merchandise.
- Isaiah 23:1 Tyre is destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar.
- Isaiah 23:1 By Kittim they meant all the isles and countries Westward from Palestine.
- Isaiah 23:1 All men know of this destruction.
- Isaiah 23:2 Have haunteth thee, and enriched thee.
- Isaiah 23:3 Meaning, the corn of Egypt, which was fed by the overflowing of the Nile.